Are you living with the unwelcome presence of mold in your home? Mycotoxins, also known as toxic mold, come in all shapes and sizes – from pink to green or yellow, to black fuzzy growths. They are often lurking unseen behind walls, under flooring and carpet, as well as harder places to see like behind painted walls and sheetrock. Mold loves damp areas, so it’s common for it to grow in attics, basements, and crawl spaces too but even dry areas can become a breeding ground for mycotoxins.
We once had a client who was living in Colorado who had just built a large custom home he had been living in for a year when he came to us very sick with symptoms of severe fatigue, memory loss, brain fog, depression, and gut issues, just to name a few.
Initially, he refused to spend the money on mold testing for his home, but after seeing his follow-up testing several months later which showed he was still being exposed, he finally tested his new home. He discovered a large section of his house completely infested with mold behind the walls.