Most of us know someone who has fallen ill to either Alzheimers or Parkinson’s and we hear the same answers that ‘it can’t be cured’…. Or can it?!
It’s not just our grandparents anymore who are ending up with diseases like Alzheimers and Parkinson’s –We are experiencing a national mental health epidemic that is affecting thousands of people in their 40’s and 50’s
Deaths due to chronic unresolved mental health and brain degenerative issues have skyrocketed and are at all-time highs, not just in the US but around the world. Every day it seems we are either seeing another death on the news due to some sort of brain chemistry issue or we hear about it from our friends who lost a loved one or worse yet, someone from our own family is lost to brain disease.
The current model of mental health is the only medical specialty that derives a diagnosis based on a cluster of clinical symptoms rather than objective laboratory measure.
As far back as in 2002, Policy leaders like Dr. Thomas R Insel, former director for the National Institute of Mental Health, was pushing for an evidence-based more scientific model…. and right now, there are doctors and scientists from around the world who are working together to continue to collect evidence-based data that is showing incredibly positive outcomes for those around the globe who are looking outside the box for this type of approach. These doctors and scientists are collecting case studies of individuals who are showing the actual reversal of their symptoms and the approach they are using is natural and safe and most importantly it is working.
Using outside of the box and data-driven approach, scientists and practitioners are finding the root causes of the brain degeneration and instead of just addressing symptoms they are addressing the root causes. Shifting to this more complex thinking approach and understanding that we need to find the underlying root causes of the brain chemistry imbalance and address the root cause rather than the symptom not only makes sense, it is working for thousands of people lucky enough to find practitioners who are using this approach to addressing diseases like Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s.
Scientists and Doctors have found many contributing root causes of brain degeneration. These culprits that so many are unknowingly exposed to on a daily basis can cause not only the brain chemistry to shift out of balance but the entire body… variables that include underlying infections, foods or chemicals, and preservatives in the foods, environmental toxins like glyphosate, and even lifestyle choices. And with advanced testing patients are able to get answers and start addressing the real issues and as a result, they are reversing their disease symptoms.
Examples of advanced objective testing that looks not only at brain function and brain chemistry include Topographic brain mapping which can be used to detect changes in brain electrical activity with food-induced neurological disorders and IgG testing to identify the offending foods and remove them from the diet. Organic acids testing, heavy metals testing, environmental toxin testing, and genetic testing are just some examples of the types of tests that holistic and functional doctors are using to find imbalances and root causes of biochemical imbalance and degeneration in the brain.
Here are some of the Top causes of Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s Disease that are being identified through advanced functional testing:
1) High stress causes major physiological changes to the body that can alter metabolism, hormone balance, thyroid hormones, and even brain chemistry. Chronic long term high stress ultimately can cause a multitude of imbalances leading to chronic disease including neurodegenerative disease and other brain chemistry imbalances.
2) The Standard American Diet which consists of foods that cause neural inflammation like gluten which can cause atrophy of the cerebellum region of the brain(4).
3) Dairy which has been shown to be a large factor involved in patients with Schizophrenia and other brain chemistry imbalances (5). In fact, there are many foods that in certain individuals, can induce complete psychosis.(6)
4) Underlying infections like clostridia, for example, can lead to alterations in dopamine and norepinepherine levels in the brain because of a neurotoxin that is released by the infection that blocks the conversion of dopamine to norepinepherine — resulting in too high levels of dopamine and too low levels of norepinepherine. Excessively high levels of Dopamine can lead to damage to the neurons, triggers the fight or flight response (panic attacks and anxiety), symptoms of Parkinson’s, schizophrenia, anorexia nervosa, Alzheimer’s, and a host of other symptoms associated with neurodegenerative diseases. Clostridia isn’t the only chronic infection that can cause alterations in brain chemistry. Imbalances in the gut flora, parasites, mold, and other pathogens are also known to cause unfavorable changes in brain chemistry.
5) Exposure to environmental toxins has also been linked to a host of neurological degenerative diseases as well as cancers. Environmental toxins can come from your drinking water, prescription medications, household and beauty products, non-organic foods, and even the air you breath (contaminated poor air quality in homes is common and recognized by the EPA). Exposure to Glyphosate, which can come from your foods, water sources, or air, for example, has been linked to autism, Alzheimer’s, anxiety and depression, fatigue, gluten sensitivity, and Parkinson’s disease. (1-2) A 54-year-old man who accidentally sprayed himself with Glyphosate developed skin lesions six hours after exposure, and one month later he developed Parkinsonian Syndrome. (3) There are many cases like this showing the neurological effects of environmental toxins like Glyphosate. There are also many case studies showing the reversal of neurological disease symptoms once the underlying culprits are confirmed and eliminated from the body.
1. Samsel A, SEneff S. Slyphate, pathways to moderns diseases II: Celiac sprue and gluten intolerance. Interdiscip Toxicol. 2013;6:159-184
2. Glyphosate, pathways to modern diseases III: Manganese, neurological diseases, and associated pathologies. Surg Neurol Int. 2015;6:45)
3. Barbosa ER, Leiros da Costa MD, Bacheschl LA, Scaff M, Leite CC. Parkinsonism after glycine derivative exposure. MOV Disord. 2001. 16:565-568
4. J Neurol Neurosug Psychiatry 2002;72:560 – 563
5. Nutritional Neuroscience 3: 57-72, 2000. Depts. of Medicine, Physiology, Psychology, and Psychiatry, University of Florida, USA.
6. Orthomolecular Psychiatry, Volume 3, Number 4, 1974, Pp. 280-290
7. Nutritional Neuroscience 2010 Vol 13 No 3: 1-10
(For established clients)
Not sure WHO to book with? No Problem! Here at MHH we have an AMAZING team of coaches and EVERY ONE OF OUR COACHES can help you with ANY of your conditions, so just pick the one that has availability on the day and time that works best for you.
Not feeling well and looking for help with your condition, diagnosis, or symptoms that won’t go away no matter what you have tried? Our holistic biological health coaches can help you! Our coaches teach you how your body works, what the underlying cause of your condition or symptoms are, and how to fix and address them using long-term solutions that are data-driven and that work!
Our holistic biological health coaches have a deep understanding of advanced functional testing and genetics testing, along with much experience in complex cases.
Our biological coaching team works with you to empower and teach you how to understand and interpret your lab results, what your results mean, how they are connected to your health conditions or symptoms, and most importantly, what to do with the information, how to put protocols together based on your lab results, and when to reorder your various labs to track progress.
You will become your own healing master learning how to navigate the healing process, how to modify your protocols, when and how to detoxify your organs and cells from the toxins discovered on your lab results. You will learn the importance of tracking your assessment forms and symptom sheets and how to troubleshoot your healing process.
In addition, you have the opportunity to learn how to understand YOUR genetic blueprint – Our coaches are trained in the field of epigenetics and understand implicitly that YOU are in control of your own gene expression and how your genes either work for or against you. If you choose to add genetic testing into your program, your genetic blueprint information can be used not only to help drive your plan of action for healing, but also it can be used to understand your body’s unique nutrition, lifestyle, sleeping, eating, and physical activity needs are so that you can optimize once you are healed.
Get help from our functional nutrition coaches who understand that there is no ONE diet that is right for everyone. Our nutrition coaches work hand in hand with our biological coaches so if you need any lab work done or specific protocols that would require supplement protocols, you have a team working on your behalf and your nutrition coach would make recommendations for which other team coaches would be able to help you.
Your coaches will teach and empower you to learn how to determine and navigate your diet modifications which are decided based on your extensive intake forms, history, and your lab data that your coaches may want to order for you. Based on all of this information, they will teach you what foods to eat and not eat according to various conditions and why.
Your functional nutrition coach will help you learn what substitutes you can use when there are certain foods you may need to stop eating for a period of time, how to put your meals together based on your dietary needs per your lab data, how and when to incorporate gut repair protocols, and what lifestyle modifications you want to address based on your labs and your health conditions.
Nutritional coaching can be a great tool by itself or combined with coaching from our biological coaches. You can schedule with either our biological or nutrition coaches and they can help you get started and make recommendations as needed.
Many people who have successfully mentored with our nutrition coaches have had past issues such as:
Mindset, past and present traumas, and limiting belief systems are some of the biggest barriers to healing, so much in fact that gene expression and biological ‘engines’ of the human body can change for the worse because of it.
In the many years, we have been working in the field of holistic medicine, helping people who have tried everything else with no success or little success, we have discovered how great of an impact our thoughts, beliefs, and past and present trauma, and chronic stress can be to the human body, mind, and spirit.
The rate of recovery and healing for those who place emphasis on creating new neurological pathways to imprint new and healthy mindsets and belief systems in how they perceive themselves and the world around them is greatly improved when the psychological aspect of mindset and integration of mind, body, the spirit is addressed through repatterning of the mind and body neurology.
By removing barriers discovered from traumas, mindset, and conscious/unconscious patterns that are not congruent for healing, health, and vitality, you set yourself up for the best outcomes in your healing journey. Healing only occurs when the physical, emotional, and mental barriers to healing are removed.
Therefore we incorporate mind, body, spirit integration work into our programs and in doing so, we see exponential increases in positive outcomes with our clients. We have put together the most comprehensive ‘whole person’ approach in the world, and this is why our results are so successful.
Our Emotional Processing, Stress Release, & Neurological Repatterning coaches work with you to create new neurological connections, anchor new neurology, and habits, and show you how to become aware of any conscious or unconscious belief systems that may be holding you back from healing and total health.
You are welcome to try one or two appointments to see what you think. We typically recommend a minimum of 6 sessions to make an accurate assessment of how this type of modality is working for you.
Here are some of the modalities our Emotional Processing, Stress Release, & Neurological Repatterning coaches use for brain and body repatterning:
Breathwork is more than just a simple exercise of intentional breathing. Specialized breathwork techniques are used to facilitate major transformation and healing by encompassing a wide range of therapeutic practices that are extremely powerful in providing immediate relief for pulling people out of fight or flight (the amygdala hijack we teach about in Part 2 of our Mastering Trauma Masterclass).
This vagus nerve activation through breath work activates the rest/digest (parasympathetic nervous system), stimulates healing, reduces blood pressure, reduces the cortisol stress response, regulates hormone and blood glucose activity, and heart rate variability (the biological stress response). It rewires the body for self-regulation of the nervous system in a manner that optimizes the body and creates resilience in times of stress.
Yoga breath therapy allows you to disconnect from the mind chatter, mind racing, and negative self-talk and reconnect with your body your energy. From this elevated state of awareness, you are able to facilitate healing, growth, and expansion. And if you are looking for some expansion of your body/mind/spirit awareness, then this type of breathwork can be nourishing and can facilitate the next layer of peace, love, gratitude, connection, clarity, and insights.
In the many years, we have been working in the field of holistic medicine, helping people who have tried everything else with no success or little success, we have discovered how great of a damaging impact our thoughts, beliefs, and past and present trauma, and chronic stress (the fight or flight response) can be to the human body, mind, and spirit.
By becoming aware of how to regulate our own nervous system, and resolve traumas, mindset, and conscious/unconscious patterns that are not congruent for healing, health, and vitality, you set yourself up for the best outcomes in your healing journey. Healing only occurs when the physical, emotional, and mental barriers to healing are removed.
The rate of recovery and healing for those who place emphasis on:
….. Find much success and amplification in their healing journey.
🎉 Black Friday Special 🎉