Use these 6 tips to rewire your brain away from anxiety and depression
How your words, thoughts, and emotions can rewire your brain to be anxious and depressed
You might be familiar with some common root causes of anxiety and depression, like toxic mold, environmental chemical toxins, and even heavy metals and EMF toxicity. But did you know that your thoughts and emotions also play a significant role in causing chronic anxiety and depression?
Constant or chronic negative language, thoughts, and emotions cause a downward spiral that often keeps people stuck in a state of depression and anxiety.
Most don’t realize that the more you focus on what you don’t want (instead of what you do want), the more you perpetuate your negative focus into reality. This causes a rewiring in your brain that literally destroys it. In addition, the resulting release of stress hormones from your negative thoughts and emotions eats away at your brain like battery acid. Further, these stress hormones cause blood sugar imbalances that can lead to diabetes, blood pressure dysregulation leading to high blood pressure, hormone imbalances leading to weight issues, sleep issues, premature aging, infertility, chronic pain, autoimmune disease, and a plethora of other symptoms, conditions, and diseases.
In addition, negative thoughts, words, and emotions reinforce the creation of these new neurological pathways, eventually leading to what I call the Amygdala Hijack, or a state of perpetual anxiety and depression that one can no longer escape.
The good news is that just like you rewired your brain and body to work against you, you can reprogram your wiring (again) to restore balance and harmony to your brain, mind, body, and emotions.
Rewiring your brain back to normal function requires repetition, awareness, and an understanding of what tools and modalities you can use that are the most effective to help you jump off that negative neurological loop that you created in the first place.
A couple of simple tools you can use at home include:
1. Becoming aware of your negative stories and then focusing on what you want instead.
2. Practice Appreciation and Gratitude. Use a journal to write down your positive thoughts and write down at least 3 things you are grateful for or appreciative of every day.
3. Become aware of and let go of whatever is not serving you or leading you in the direction of your desired outcomes in your life.
4. Get outside, get some sun and fresh air, and ground yourself by walking barefoot on the grass or dirt.
5. Get out of your head, and instead pay attention to what is going on around you. What noises do you hear? What does the temperature of the air feel like? What does the air smell like? How do the air and sun feel on your skin? Learn to be present because nothing else exists except the present moment. Anything other than the present moment really does not even exist, except in the stories you have created in your mind.
6. Hire a therapist or coach who is trained in tools and modalities you can’t do on your own or are not trained to do on your own. These can include things like:
- Teaching you the power of your language
- Resonance Repatterning
- Light and Color Therapy
- Sound Therapy
- Psychedelic Therapy
- Perceptual Positions
- Somatic Therapy
- Qi Gong
- Timeline Therapy
- Breath Therapy
Remember you are NOT broken. There ARE answers and there ARE solutions that work! You just need to decide when you are ready and committed enough to put yourself first, love yourself more, and do something different—so you can get a different (and desired) result.
Our Mind, Body, Spirit Programs are trauma and emotional release programs that might be just what you’ve been looking for. If you’d like to talk to one of our team coaches to see if these types of tools that I mentioned above are a good fit for you, you can schedule an appointment here to find out more.